teen Volunteer opportunities!
BCT Volunteer Program: Summer Only
Application deadline: May 1, 2017!
Teen Volunteer Program: Year Round Program
Pre-requisite: Performing Arts Experience
The Birmingham Children's Theatre teen volunteer program is the first step for any teen interested in getting involved with volunteering or interning at the theatre! This program enables teenagers 15-19 years old to work with the BCT Summer Camps. Teens will assist teachers with weekly camps, learn leadership stills and share their passion for the performing arts with BCT campers!
- Be 15-19 years old by May 1, 2017
- Have an interest and passion for the performing arts
- Have the desire to try new and exciting things
- Possess the maturity to represent BCT in a responsible manner
- be respectful of diversity
If selected, he/she must:
- Attend a one day orientation prior to the camp that they are volunteering for.
- Agree to a full week commitment and have support from his or her family, who must provide transportation, encouragement, and cooperation.
- Maintain a positive attitude and comply with all BCT rules, policies and procedures.
There are numerous benefits to volunteering with the Teen Volunteer Program! Many teens are able to use their volunteer experience as credit towards their teaching resume, learn leadership skills, and solve problems.. Volunteers have the opportunity to participate in classes, make new friends, and network with theatre professionals. Those are just a few reason to apply!
Fill out the form below:
Application deadline is May 1, 2017. All complete applicants will be contacted by May 15th with the status of their application.